Saturday 7 February 2009

Digging deep

Bob has just dug the car out of the snow for the first time this week. The road is still like a skating rink so we'd left it until today. He scooped about 6 inches off all round - a bit like a hair cut really - using the the dustpan. I stayed inside in the warm and thought about books. In fact I quite often think about books. I had a dream that I could not speak and I was communicating with finger spelling and sign language, texting and drawing and stuff. I was writing a book and folks kept asking me what I was doing so I was explaining using these different means about how I was writing a book. I've written several books of course and I look forward to doing so again. The day you get the first copy is magical. You hold it in your hand and it feels awesome that you put those words in there. Actually I'm not sure that really ever goes away for me. I know most of my books off by heart I read them that often. So here's to the next book, the next dream, the next word or sign, and quite possibly before too long, here's to the next snow.

No comments: