Sunday 21 June 2009

How can they remember who have never heard?

This must be the most frequently asked question about RB. At almost every event someone says 'But this won't work because ...' and it's usually because there is thought to be insufficient bible knowledge in the common pool for folks to engage in RB. In other words my opening generalisation 'There's a bible in everyone' is not true.

And of course, it's possible that folks saying this are correct. But then again it's not been my experience. In fact I think it's a red herring (enter red herring at this point - swims across screen and exits on the other side). The statement 'we can't do RB because there's no B to R' is just an excuse not to do anything.

RB is a risk. Maybe one day I'll find a group with no B to R but it hasn't happened yet. Personally I still think it's more of a question of how you R your B that what B you R. Of course some days RB goes better than others but for now I'll keep on RBing, at the very least because it's better than doing nothing.

PS When I published this post a free ad by Google popped up and offered me 50% off Red Herrings - now there's an offer it's hard to refuse.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I have tweeted your post - this is something red herrings can't do because they swim rather than sing

Jane said...

Wo bist du?
Have written a little about Jesus the Riddler
Off to Lyong on Sunday - speak before I hope

janetlees said...

I bist about here and there - will try to get back to blogging soon
love
Janet