Friday 8 May 2009

Work in progress

I've had a busy few weeks remembering the bible here and there. As a result of being away I've not been blogging but I do have other work in progress to share, so here's a bit of it.


Inspired by remembering the bible on Holy Island, this is a batik, a technique that uses hot wax to mark out designs on fabric (in this case an old cotton sheet from Oxfam that cost £1.99) in order to allow the artist to build up layers of pattern and colour. I'm about half way through it now. Watch this space...

3 comments:

Jane said...

It already looks fabulous!
Reminds me of from apocalypse to genesis

Jan said...

I had to come and find you from Jane's blog, because I have met so few "Janets" in my life. That's my name, though I've always been called "Jan" which is also pretty rare in the States. My aunt and a great-grandmother were also "Janets."

janetlees said...

Great to hear from you Jan - I do know a few Jan's and Janet's. In my generation (fifty last year) it's not uncommon here. Another related name is Joan (Janet is 'little Joan') that happens to have been my mother's name and is also my sister-in-laws name. Maybe we should blog about names. Or perhaps about family connections and I could tell the story of the fish shop and Anna Sewell, her sons and daughters.