Tuesday 16 March 2010

The return of the carrier pigeon

Yesterday my computer broke. The hard drive ground to a halt.
Thankfully Bob being a super computer wizard managed to save all the files to his wacky filestore system. But for now I'm without my usual computer which sounds odd because it's only really half my life, or less, that I've had a usual computer. I'm a self taught computer user and a Bob backed up one. He is my computer guru. Without him I'd still be using an Amstrad (maybe someone reading this still is). But when they break down I know nothing.
At least with a carrier pigeon you could give it a bit of TLC, put it's wing in a sling, give it as leg brace made from matchsticks and a bit of polly-filler to eat. But I can't think of anything useful to do with a broken computer. Maybe if we all used carrier pigeons more there would be fewer now making a great deal of noise in the trees around here as they get a bit amorous for Spring. Maybe I should start a campagin for the return of the carrier pigeon as a medium of communication. Perhaps someone could do a tweet on that!

1 comment:

local pigeon said...

Nice post. Contact me if you want me to feature you on LocalPigeon.com.

Best Regards, PS