Tuesday 17 March 2009

Growing up in a religious family



Some of us do and it is good to hear the voice of one young person, Deborah, who has her own blog: http://deborahdrapper.com/


She also has a rabbit as you can see.


She reminds me of some of the young people I meet when I was researching the views of young people growing up in religious families for the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. You can read the report and download it at




Last week we did two seminars on this research in Oldham for practitioners working with children. Next week one more in Sheffield. If you are interested in hearing about the research and its implications for front line staff or for faith communities please contact me.


Meanwhile today was my first Assembly at Newsome High School and Sports College [http://www.newsomehigh.kirklees.sch.uk/]


Today was year 9. The deputy head asked me some questions about Lent and Easter, the significance for Christians of this time of year, and the meaning of common Christian symbols associated with Easter like the cross. Three more to do over the next few weeks.

No comments: